Subject: [Leica] Mod Telyts - some heavy metal fun!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:42:36 -0400

Mark -
    Thanks- I think the only thing you're missing is a huge dent in your
wallet and a healthy back!!
    Honestly, it took a long time to get them (and then searching Leica Demo
items, saving and waiting for local Leica Days -- But I think you'd see the
400 2.8 is "only" about 3 grand more than Nikon's - new. But Doug's correct,
I'm starting to like those Telyts! They occupy a niche for 'wild lifers'
that no other optic can - and, so far, they are looking darn sharp!!
I hope to post some comparisons soon! Comparing long lenses turns out to be
quite a task! (but an enjoyable one)
Edward
- --