Subject: [Leica] "Little Annie"
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:31:28 -0700

Alastair wrote:
"The 90 has isolated the child, but the images are not strong enough
to hold such individual attention. I want to know where and why she
is there, as the portrait quality is, (for me) not strong enough.
Also the colours on my screen are unpleasant, and the sunlit
backgrounds are too strong. Some seem to have flare. Being negative
about submissions is always hard, but I don't like this series. I
think you would have been better off with b/w in these lighting
conditions, when you were concentrating on the subject; wonderful
subject, with lots of potential by the way, or colour but with the
subject in the sun, interacting more with her surrounds, with a wider
lens to give a sense of place."

Cheers
- - --
Alastair Firkin"

Thank you, Alastair, for your perceptive comments. I consider these pictures
to be merely grab shots, done with what I had to hand and where and how I
found the subject. Following your suggestion regarding b&w I experimented
with desaturating the images in PS; IMO the results were disappointing.
Thanks again; critiques make me look at images differently.
Oliver Bryk

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] "Little Annie")