Subject: Re: [Leica] New pictures on the web...
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 22:47:51 -0500

Matthias,
    There is a gritty feel to these shots that I like.  I think it stems
from the heavy contrast.  Reminds me a bit of Walker Evans and the other
Great Depression era photographers.  You do a lovely job with faces--I
particularly like the Anne-Berlin shot.  The legs shot doesn't do as much
for me; it doesn't capture movement as well as I would like.  I prefer
your landscape shot to your buildings.  The mood of the landscape is bleak
and sober--an absolutely stunning shot.  I found all of the reflections in
the windows distracting, and the tilt on one shot didn't work for me.
Much to praise here.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net