Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:19:40 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/02 5:41:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tedgrant@shaw.ca
writes:

> My feeling on however this M7 sets exposures is..... I don't need to know
>  how it does it, much like I don't need to know how a computer does what it
>  does....as long as it does it correctly. ;-)
>
>  On one of my first computer lessons from number One son I kept asking, "how
>  does it do that and I don't understand what makes it do that?" Finally he
>  was so exasperated with me he said, "Forget asking and wondering, just use
>  the damn thing!":-)

Ted, this reminds me of my mom - she pasased away five years ago, almost 96 -
when I told her ten years ago how I fax a draft document to my cousin, a
solicitor in Melbourne, how I put my draft in the fax machine at 6 pm, push
some buttons and his telephone number in Melbourne, and as the paper is going
in the machine a copy is simultaneously coming out of the machine in his
office in Melbourne at 9 am next morning. She says: impossible, how does it
work? I answer, haven't the foggiest. And Mom, do you know how your telephone
works? No. All you know is enough to make it do what you need it to do.

Seth         LaK 9