Subject: RE: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:28:23 -0400

There are 1001 reasons why Leica shouldn't do something like this...and one
why they should:

It will introduce another generation of photographers to Leicas.
And only if they do that will Leica survive as a company. Because by the
time today's 20-year-olds can afford expensive neck jewelry...in 10
years...they will want high end digital cameras and other geegaws because
the name Leica will have no meaning for them.

But, hey, I've got all the Leica gear I'm ever likely to need, and there are
plenty of parts around, so it's no big deal to me if the company disappears
tomorrow morning. ;-)

B. D.