Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport Hand Check Refused; Film OK
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:24:47 -0800

Henry Ting wrote:
>>> Similar situation flying out of LAX. I was asked to
> dump all the films onto a tray and then pass thru
> x-ray. I just got a very uneasy feeling whether the
> films were still good (and they were) especially in
> this day and age, I'm sure they crank that machine up
> to mega-dose levels.<<<<

Hi Henry,

No fear my man, the hand scanner will not affect your film one iota. And the
guy standing there can't crank the machine up period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The security guys work on the basis of, if they can't tell what it is on the
screen they open the bag............ not crank up the juice.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant