Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak plans for b&w
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 18:18:45 -0500

At 05:43 PM 3/8/02 EST, Gwpics@aol.com wrote:
>Since my earlier posting I have found the following:
>
>Kodak planning push on b&w film market
>
>Kodak will deliver significant improvements to the quality of its b&w film
in a move that it says demonstrates its commitment to continued development
in the market.

>The company has invested heavily in new technology at its coating plant in
Rochester, New York, and production of b&w film has been switched over to
the new facility. Martin Wood from Kodak UK told BJP that the performance
of the films will not change, but the physical characteristics of the b&w
negatives has been improved, providing better anti-static protection – on
both the face and back of the film. In addition, there should be an
improved batch consistency and fewer
>harmful effects on the environment as a result of the new process

Gerry

As Kodak shut down their B&W film development department two years or so
ago and announced at that time that they would not be conducting any
further research, how are they going to accomplish this?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!