Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Leica III? serial number 971xxx
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:38:16 EST

lassiaholahuhta@hotmail.com writes:

> I want to find out my Leica's age and what it's worth
>  since I got this for a gift. I've looked many web pages and think that
I've
>  got Leica III? (Leica DBP, Ernst Leitz, GBMH, Wetzlar, Germany) whose
serial

>  number is 9716xx

It's a very late production Leica IIIg, one of a batch of 500 delivered 4
December 1959. If it is in really good condition, you have a valuable camera,
probably between $1,500.-2,000., maybe more on the auction site that cannot
be mentioned. If it's in really mint condition, who knows what the crazies
we've been talking abou might bid it to?

Seth       LaK 9