Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: " R. R. Hirtler" <hirtler@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:34:51 +0800

Joe,

I wouldn't bet on it.  First of all, not everyone has
your hand size. ;-)
Second, the R8 is now the only camera in
production for the R system.

I truly doubt that Leica would have stopped
production on the R6.2 if they did not believe the
R8 would succeed in the long term.

- -Rick

On 2/28/02 12:34 PM, "Joe Kelly" <
j2kelly3@swbell.net> wrote:

> One problem I find with the R8 is sheer size and
weight.
> It's just too big for my hand size. I suspect this to
be true for
> others. It looks like an Exacta on steroids
> I own  M cameras and screw mounts. They are
small and light, especially
> with the lenses I use. The ergo metrics of these
cameras is amazing.
> They are like a Porsche 911, timeless and
exquisite designs.
> The R8 will be gone soon
> Let it rest in peace with the M5, another
oversized Leica.