Subject: [Leica] Re: [OT] Frugal for PAW...
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 06:21:22 -0600

Julian:

>I do not find this film very contrasty.  And I am told that XP2 Super
>exhibits even less contrast if shot at an E.I. of 200.  It is also said to
>be very useful at an E.I. of 800, but more contrasty.  As a fairly low
>volume user, I have shot it only at 400 so far.  I believe it to be a cheap
>and easy way to get some good quality B/W negative material.

Keep in mind that you don't have to expose it at a certain EI across the
entire roll.  You can change at will.  In the middle of the day with bright
sunlight, "overexpose" and it will give you less contrast.  In the dark of
night, "underexpose" and will it beef up the contrast a bit.

XP2 is wonderful.  They even make (or at least made) a disposable camera
with the stuff.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: [OT] Frugal for PAW...)
Message from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] [OT] Frugal for PAW...)