Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 07:56:57 -0500

I think that when the US bill of rights was drafted the freedoms of press
and speech were especially meant to protect the expression of political
opinion.  This seems to be what Greenpeace was doing and hired that
photographer to help them do.

If they were standing on the sidewalk and doing and photographing the
protest there would be no question.  Apparently, and this wasn't clear in
the article, they were somewhere where civilians were not supposed to be.
The exact nature of their "crime" is a little unclear.

I'm not a Greenpeace supporter but these at least are the facts as I see
them.

Mike D