Subject: Re: [Leica] Point and Shoot
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:03:59 -0500

> Au contraire, Rei.  While the XA-2 and XA-3 are budget versions of the original XA, the XA-4 has a high quality 28mm f3.5 lens that is every bit the equal to, if not a tad better than, the 35mm f2.8 in
> the original XA.  Also, the XA-4 was only made for a short period of time.  These are scarce and much sought versions of the XA with macro capacity that regularly fetch about double what a clean XA
> would get.  I think of mine as the poor man's Ricoh GR-1, just as I think of the Konica Auto S3 as the poor man's Hexar Silver.  Both of these cameras are very good performers and incredible bargains
> compared to their newer equivalents.

I should add that a member of the list was kind enough to inform me that eBay prices for the hard-to-find Konica Auto S3 have crept up to $150, so I stand corrected in my claim that they could be found
for under $100.  Even at the higher price, this camera is a steal, as the optical quality of the lens would satisfy even the most fanatical Leica devotee.

Mark