Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Non-Leica lenses for available light
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:07:10 -0700

I never liked my Nikkor 50/1.8 which I assume is a closely related lens. I
do not test my lenses. I take photographs and either I like them or I do
not. It could be the bokeh, sharpness or even the bourbon Walt spilled over
the rear element. I do not know or care. If I do not like that is it. I
liked the Nikkor 105/2.5...alot! Marvellous lens, almost makes me want to
keep a Nikon body or two around. Yummy! I have not had a stinker Leica lens
yet. The 50/2 is wonderful even if it is not exactly the focal length I see
the world in. The 35/2 non-A and 35/1.4A are stunners.

John Collier