Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:40:10 -0000

I just discovered the same thing this week with the new Zeiss 100mm f/2.8
Makro Sonnar.  One look at the prints and you know you have a special lens.

Simon

Robert Browne wrote:

> There are times when the lens quality is so obvious that the viewer will
notice a difference. The first time this happened to me is when I started to
use the R system and I used a 100mm f4 macro and APX 25 to shoot black and
white portraits for a client. When I picked up the finished prints from my
printer his first comment to me was to ask what lens I was using. He said
they were the sharpest prints he had ever seen from 35mm. In lenses the law
of diminishing returns sets in pretty quickly, but sometimes the difference
is worth it.