Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol newbie
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:46:31 +0200

I try not to use freshly mixed developers as they tend to be more contrasty
than the same solutions 24 hrs later.

Martin

I've read so much good stuff about Xtol 1:3 that I had to go out a buy
some.  Last night I mixed it and developed a few rolls.  Part A turns a
little pink/orange in the water, right?  And it takes a really long time
to dissolve at 20 C.  Adding part B turns it milky white until
completely dissolved.  The label says the shelf life in a full bottle is
one year.  Yeah baby!!

I developed two rolls of Tmax 400.  Tmax 400 in D76 1:1 gives pretty hot
negatives.  Perhaps this is why people object to the Tmax stuff.  With
the Xtol 1:3 20 C for 15 1/2 minutes the TMY looked fairly subdued, kind
of like my Tri-X days.  I'll hit the darkroom tomorrow to see what I can
get out of the Xtol.

What are the favorite films with Xtol?  Do people like Tmax, Delta, or
others?
- --
Ken Benderly
pdx