Subject: RE: [Leica] Two questions - Leica CL and Leica IIIf
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:20:32 -0400

Brian-
The shutter dials are really simple- the one on top is the main speed
controller, and when it is set to the speed marked "1-30", the the dial in
front take over, and controls the slower speeds.

The lever under the rewind knob is the di-opter adjustment for the
rangefinder window- look through it (the rangefinder) and move the lever
until the image is sharply in focus- and this helps make the RF image easier
to focus!

The IIIf is a fun camera, and capable of taking nice photos, though in my
experience, most need a CLA if they have been pulled from a drawer or closet
somewhere. Sitting all these years have made the shutters 'sticky',  but
once CLA'd they should be good for at least 20 years before the next
cleaning, if used regularly!!

Dan