Subject: RE: : [Leica] Tri-Asph
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:00:34 +0200

"Challenge to Nikon's 17-35 2.8 APO ASPH etc. silent wave etc. etc.
etc...?
The canon one, I mean. I KNOW that when Leica comes out with theirs -
some time in the next Millenium to go with the autofocus digital M - it
will instantly be rated as the world's best."

BD

I use very often both the Nikon and Canon 17-35 f1:2,8 zooms and I can
ansure you that their optical quality, beeing very good, has nothing to
match with corresponding primes from Leica or even from Canon and Nikon.
But, even having considerable distortion and vignetting, they are very
confortable and produce a rather good output. I owned, for short time, a
Contax N1 and his 24-85 mm zoom  andf that was a outstandig zoom but the
body was not so much. I should like to see in the future a Leica SLR
autofocus and some 2,8 zooms  for complementing the M system. May be in the
future!

Kind regards

Félix

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: : [Leica] Tri-Asph)