Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat V 35 Power woes redux: SOLVED?
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:42:12 +0200

Sorry, it seems you need to repair this properly; are you sure the
connection is good in the faulty place, and the circuit doesn't heat up to
the point of creating a fire??

Martin

Recent woes with my enlarger seem to be solved.  It was a problem with a
simple twist of the fuse (apologies to Bob Dylan). If I turned the fuse
"screw" all the way to the right it wouldn't properly connect, but if I
back off a few degrees it seems to work. It seems to have about a 3
degree area of tolerance in which the power is allowed to flow.  Go
figure? It remains to be seen it will continue to work once it used
during a prolonged printing session when it gets a bit heated up?
Thanks to the folks who sent in suggestions, which helped me trouble
shoot. BTW, has anyone else ever had a similar problem?   /matt