Subject: [Leica] FOM2 judging
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:52:40 +1000

Dear Friends,

The time is drawing near to judge the first year of competition in
the FOM project. I am currently calling for more images to round off
the year on a good note, so those of you who were considering this
project, and who might have some suitable images, please find time to
organize submissions. The numbers are steadily growing, and the image
quality is excellent. Please visit the site and see the exhibition
for yourself at familyofman2.com.

I am also now calling for help with the judging. Firstly we need some
ideas. The original concept was to have everyone registered with the
project able to vote on the images for that year, and I'd like to
stick to this. I intend to create a judging board of the years
images, in order to free up the submission boards for the 2002
collection. As you know, the deadline for this years inclusion is the
end of October, and we will be "selecting" the 100 best photographs
during November, for display in December/January.

So if you are registered with the project, and are able to help
select the images in November, could you please register your
interest in being involved with judging with me ASAP. I intend to
have at least 50 people judging the images and selecting about 20
each. The most popular images will become finalists. If the variety
does not add up to 100, then you will be asked to select a further 10
or so till it does. Judges will not select their own work. If I
cannot interest enough of you to do this work in November, then I may
be forced to seek outside help from Leica or Ilford for example, both
of whom have expressed some interest in supplying judgement, BUT THIS
IS OUR PROJECT, and I would rather it be judged by those involved in
the group.

REGISTER NOW TO COMMIT TO JUDGING WITH ME AT

firkin@mac.com

thank you for your help

Cheers