Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford delta 100 dev. suggestions
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:56:06 -0500

Mark wrote:
>Henry i think this divided D76 would be the answer to the problems you are
>talking about having.
>Although i don't know why you are having these problems and if they are
>with the
>old Delta 400 or the brand new just out stuff.
>I've done divided development and it works. Your highlights are just not
>going
>to block up.
>It might even give you some more film speed. You do get more to work with
>in a
>neg without undue mush.
>
>If it was me though I'd try altered D76.

I have tried it - thats what I said in my post - and I like it!
Highlights do not block up. its very soft and gentle. 5 minutes in each
solution (no stop inbetween) , water stop, then fix and wash. Its almost
more like Divided D23 but not that exactly either. Its just what I got
from the Darkroom Cookbook. They say its a modification of Vestal's
Divided D76, or maybe divided D76H.

For each part start with 1 liter or 1 quart of 110 degree F distilled
water.

Part A
1 tsp Metol
6 tsp Sodium Sulfite