Subject: Re: [Leica] What is the Sunny 16 rules reapplied to ambient light conditions indoors???
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:07:20 -0400

Alfie-
Well, when I first started out, and didn't have a meter, we called the "by
guess or by God" method!
Bracket like hell, use the widest aperture you can, and the shortest
exposure time you can, unless you have a tripod!
Then pray!
It's sad but true, the human eye is so good at compensating for various
lighting conditions that even a seemingly bright room might render
underexposed negatives, and I have also been surprised at getting a
printable negative where I just knew it was too dark! Once you get into the
really deep shade, exposure is, at best, "iffy" !
:o)
Best of light ( or dim, as the case may be!)
Dan