Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 37 (matt kollasch)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:50:37 -0700

Matt Kollasch wrote:
>>> This one is of a local firefighter, Ty, <<<<

Hi Matt,
A nice clean available light casual portrait of Ty.

A point to keep in mind when you've got a major clutter background as we see
here and that is;  try working with the lens wide open to lessen the depth
of field even more than we have here. As you want it as far as possible out
of focus, unless there is a reason for it to be a "somewhat in focus" part
of the picture in a story telling aspect.

It's a semi nit picking point, however, on some occasions it can make all
the difference between a successful photograph  "Yeah alright look at this
beauty!" reaction, compared to the ...."oh well a nice picture of Charlie."

it's called the learning curve! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant