Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:19:24 +0100

Henning Wulff wrote

"The first 50/1.0 used 58mm filters and came with a hood that
bayonetted onto two pins; the second used 60mm filters and had the
same kind of hood; the third used 60mm filters and used a clip on
hood. If you need the last type of hood, I have an unused one (no
box) that doesn't fit my lens, as my lens is the second type."

Ah, I hadn't realised there were two different versions of the 'two pin'
version.

Mine's the earlier one that takes 58mm filters. However I've discovered a
post of yours http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v10/msg06180.html
that mentions that the 58mm hood was still available in 1999, so I think
I'll ask Leica UK how much.

I'd never have guessed this thing was 24 years old, it must have sat on a
shelf for most of that time, I'd better break the news to it gently that
it's going to be working for its living from now on...

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux)