Subject: [Leica] RE: Spain and Portugal
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:01:42 +0200

George

There are so many absolutely nice places for visiting in  three weeks that
it seems to me not very much but let's make a list. Besides Madrid and
Toledo that you can see just after landing:

a. Andalucía in the south of Spain. Don't miss Sevilla with the third bigest
cathedral in the worls behind San Pedro in Rome and Saint Paul in London and
with the Alcazar a arab fortress. Granada is another nice place with a
absolutely outstanding arab palace the Alambra. Córdoba another nice place
with a big mezquita(araba church) with a catholic cathedral inside...

b. Castilla in the north with so many places with midage buildings civil and
religious: Burgos and his gothic cathedral, Salamanca and his "plaza" a
renaissance square, Avila and his very old ramparts in a extraordinary good
condition...

c. The Costa del Sol in the east where you can have a rest on the sun and on
the beach

d. Cataluña in the north east with a big city Barcelona with buildings from
roman empire to nowadays japanese architects and a extraordinarymedieval
museum and some of the most important paints of las century, Picasso, Miró..

e.  Galicia in north west with some rías that's very green fiords and some
of the best shellfish of Europe

f. Basque Country in the north, probably one of the best cooks or chefs
land in Europe (after french ones of course)

In Portugal do not miss the nice capital Lisbon with the outstanding
monastery Os jerónimos and Coimbra one of the nicest and older university
and Oporto.

I hope this can help. If you wish a wider information do not hesitate to
contact me. And of course if you visit Bilbao we can meet here and speak
abou cameras and lenses.

Kind regards

Félix