Subject: [Leica] Re: Focomat V 35 Power woes redux
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:37:28 -0700

At 09:31 PM 9/21/2001 -0700, Matt Kollasch wrote:
>My Focomat lost its illumination again....  I have checked fuse (not
>burnt), lamp (not burnt).  There must be a power supply, yes? I guess
>that could be it.  The switch perhaps?  Tomorrow I will check to see if
>power is getting to the lamp (friend has a tester).  So this time I
>really need guidance.  Any ideas?
>Thanks.  I did get some printing done and poof, it went dark on me.
>/matt (burnt)
>
>--

If you stop and think about it, there is a cord, a fuse, a switch, and a lamp.

So, either the cord is separated somewhere (could be in the plug,) the fuse
is bad, the lamp is bad (you said you installed a new lamp,) or the switch
is bad.

With an Ohm meter, check the continuity of the cord from plug to lamp (not
plugged into the power of course,) with the switch on. And then with the
switch off. Both wires. Then ohm the lamp and ohm the fuse.

You simply have a failure in one of four parts. Cord, fuse, switch, or
lamp. A simple $9.95 multimeter will solve all of your problems very quickly.

Jim