Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 13.5cm f4.5 Hector?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:06:47 -0700

I have had a 135mm Hektor for many years in LTM for screw mount Leicas.
Now,  I also have this lens in M mount.

In the past, I was not impressed with the pictures I shot hand held.
Recently, I used the M mount on my M3 during a vacation in Germany  using a
bean bag to rest the camera on.  I shot some pictures of castles in Dresden
with excellent results with ISO 125 film using 1/250 at f8.0.

On a Rhine river cruise, I shot pictures with ISO 400 film at 1/1000 of a
sec at f5.6.  Again,  the results were excellent.

My conclusion is that the 135mm lens either needs a good rest or, if hand
held, should be used with a fast shutter speed.  It probably has
disappointed some users due to their inability to hold it steady at shutter
speeds that were too slow.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California