Subject: Re: [Leica] Hotel room film processing
From: "B.Entus" <brutus@mda.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:06:22 -0700

> > ... Next to this hotel room processing doesn't sound so extreme,
> > though traveling with the chemicals would be very inconvenient.

>if you can get distilled water, couldn't you carry power and
>mix up what you needed?
>- -rei

Quite right, and in many places tap water would even be adequate.

I should have qualified my statement- it would be inconvenient
for some types of travel- for example if I had to keep light
(the only way I have ever travelled with Leica gear), or was moving
day to day. Also, at home I favor liquid kits, for convenience, and
attempt to use them to capacity before disposal.

Following another part of this thread, the compact (not "portable")
Durst enlargers (eg. M30, no longer made) would pack up fairly well,
especially if a table clamp was used to replace the baseboard.