Subject: [Leica] Ceramic Pressure Plate
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:31:50 -0700

I was looking at the description of an M3 earlier and the seller says
that it has the more desirable ceramic pressure plate, rather than the
later metal version.

Is the ceramic pressure plate more desirable, and, if so, in what
way?  I was of the impression that the ceramic pressure plate was
found only in early M3s, but the one offered for sale as a 902...
serial number.  Would the metal plate have been replaced with the
ceramic one in a body of this later vintage?  Thanks!
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net