Subject: Re: [Leica] Foggy Viewfinder / Big Speck Of Dust In New M6 and Lens
From: Lee Yan Zhan <yzlee@starhub.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:17:50 +0800

Hi Justin,

If the "chief technician" is a person call Colin or Chiam, he knows nuts.
Even Leica Asia is not happy with him.  He has been a source of complains
for over charging and wrong diagnosis.

If you have a foggy finder, all they need to do is to overhaul or clean it.
Leica will never replace the hotshoe to fix the finder because it is linked
to the TTL mechanism.  Even if they have to remove the top plate, local
agents do not have the tools and expertise to calibrate the rangefinder.
Also, I do not understand the hangup on the serial no.  Leica do not allow
anyone to replace serial numbers by swopping the bodies.  This a known fact.

Just ask J&J what the bottom line is.  Replace both camera and lens or give
you the money back.  Please be very firm with them.  In my last meeting with
Leica Asia Pacific Manager, I have already expressed by disappointment.

If you are not happy with the service, write to leica direct and they will
sort it out.  The local agents here(and even the previous one) is really a
disgrace.  I do not buy Leica NEW locally.

Cheers,
Lee