Subject: Re: [Leica] Foggy Viewfinder / Big Speck Of Dust In New M6 and Lens
From: Justin Goh <sunsetat7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

I've spoken to the chief technician over the phone
here in Singapore and was told that if they need to
replace the body for the viewfinder, they need to
retain the serial number which is on the hotshoe. In
that case, will they have to dismantle the top plate?
If so, are there any disadvantages of swapping the
hotshoe? Could I just ask them to change the whole
body without changing the serial number 'cause this is
a brand new camera? Appreciate any advise on this.
TIA,
Mark