Subject: [Leica] Re: Processing in hotel rooms
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:57:22 -0400

Fellow Lug Nuts,
    What is the big deal about processing on the road?
    When I was with the Philadelphia Evening & Sunday Bulletin, we had a
complete portable darkroom w/ a home made film dryer and enlarger (Durst-
very small) all in a large Halliburton case.
    A second case held a transmitter which you hooked up to a telephone.
    Today, with mini-labs, digital cameras, lap-tops, etc. all the fun is
gone from portable jobs.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA

PS-- It's an old story but when Winston Churchill died, LIFE magazine
refitted a jet airliner in a flying darkroom and editing lounge. If memory
serves me they processed over 200 rolls of transparency film at 33,000 feet
traveling at 660 mph. Now that was a portable darkroom!!!

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Processing in hotel rooms)