Subject: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules
From: "thomas schofield" <tdschofield@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:42:56 -0700

A year or two back there was a Popular Photography article on a new type of
scanner that is designed to find plastic explosives & guns, which would fog
film.  I am not sure if it was for passenger or checked baggage use.  I'll
look for it, and provide further info if I can find it.

Last year I checked, and was told that Federal Express did not x-ray
packages, and was thinking of sending my exposed film from Paris to Fuji in
mailers all in one Fed Ex box, but ended up using the lead lined bag
instead.  It worked fine.

Tom Schofield