Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules
From: "William F. Whitaker" <wfwhitaker@wfwhitaker.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:38:29 -0700

One technique for protecting film I've used, at least when flying
cross-country, is to have new film shipped to my destination via 2-day service.
Upon returning I then ship the film to my home address, again using UPS or
FEDEX 2-day to minimize exposure to summer heat. That way I'm travelling with
empty cameras except for a token roll or two in case I see something along the
way. A bit extreme perhaps, but cheap insurance considering the cost of the
trip. And I was doing this under the old security procedures! When UPS and
FEDEX start x-raying packages I'll just stay home.

- -Will

Replies: Reply from "baswip.com" <bas@baswip.com> (Re: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules)
Reply from "William F. Whitaker" <wfwhitaker@wfwhitaker.com> ([Leica] Focomat IIc Question)