Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Hood for Elmarit 90mm
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:40:02 -0400

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:28:46 -0700, Shel Belinkoff
<belinkoff@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Was there a removable hood for the 90mm Elmarit-M (46mm thread)?  I've
>the version with the built-in hood and would like to use a metal
>removable hood with it.  If there was such a hood, how long was it?
>If I can't find an original I'll look at an aftermarket hood.

I used the hood from the Contax G 90mm.  The one I bought was silver, so I
just spray-painted the outside with matte black enamel.  It worked very
well - it's much deeper than the built-in hood on the Elmarit.  Bit more
finder blockage, though.

Paul

Replies: Reply from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens Hood for Elmarit 90mm)