Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 0.85 Viewfinder - Need Help!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:12:42 -0400

Since there are several air to glass surfaces in the M6 VF, and I am certain
that they are not coated, that you may be seeing a form of flare- apparent
only when the light is shone at an oblique angle. I use a small laser point
to shine through lenses- and while a beam straight through the axis of the
lens does a great job of showing 'dirt' in the lens- it casts big shadows on
a ceiling!... the effect seems to be less evident when the light is shone at
an olblique angle, and there is a lot of scattering- even with the coated
surfaces.
Just my observation! I notice the same with my M6 classic, and I just put it
down to atmospheric 'schmutz'- and when veiwing or focusing, it doesn't seem
to interfere at all.
Dan