Subject: RE: [Leica] Terror
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:16:23 -0400

> They are not about
> right and wrong, whatever you may think.  Wars are about *two different
and
> incompatible ideas of good colliding*.

Not always, IMO.  So, attempting to "take over the world" (per se) isn't
right or wrong?  I believe once you get beyond your country, and attack
someone who did not attack you, you have to somehow know it's wrong.

Do you believe (some of at least) the Japanese didn't know it was wrong to
bomb Pearl Harbor, can you?  War is typically NOT a democratic process, as
in everyone in the country, or even in a country's government, believes it's
the "right" thing to do.

Military is "service", and when a few at the top make a decision, good or
evil, right or wrong, the military obeys that decision.  Others do the "wet
work" for you.

Some regions of the world, war is ALL they know.  Breaking the cycle of war
in their country is very very difficult.  The hate (typically the reason for
"war") is just handed down through the family, friends and neighbors.  It is
truly sad.