Subject: RE: [Leica] Terror
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:38:20 -0500

darkroom@ix.netcom.com (Austin Franklin)9/13/014:39 PM

> How, in the hell, do you propose doing that?
>
> What "action" does your proposal entail?

These questions would require very long answers. But briefly
    So far:
    1. I have and will continue to put forth my thoughts of
peaceful non-violent solutions.
    2. I have begun to organize a group of professional artists
who, will hopefully speak eloquently to the issues of peaceful
nnon-vioelent solutions.
    3. I will refresh my studies from such sources as:

GHANDI:
In a century that witnessed unprecedented violence, Mohandas K.
Ghandi demonstrated nonviolence could be revolutionary. A devote
Hindu, he drew inspiration from a range of sources that included
Jesus, Leo Tolstoy and Henry David Thoreau, and violent
discrimination he faced while practicing law in South Africa.
Ghandi, also called Mahatma or Great Soul, helped end British
colonial rule of India with boycotts of British schools,
institutions and goods and refusal to pay taxes. With
demonstrators being beaten and sometimes massacred, not everyone
adopted his tactics, leading to several armed revolts until India
and Pakistan gained independence in 1947. Ghandi pleaded with
Hindus and Muslims to live together in peace, sometimes fasting
to the brink of death to stop religious violence. On Jan 30, 1948
he was assassinated by a Hindu fanatic.
  -- Gannett News Service

Ghandi has much to say:
"It is open to a war resister to judge between two combatants and
wish success to the one who has justice on his side."
"The science of war leads one to dictatorship pure and simple.
The science of non-violence can alone lead one to pure
democracy."
"The end of non-violent Œwarı is always an agreement, never
dictation, much less humiliation of the opponent."
    4. I will awaken every morning with your questions on my
mind, and each day attempt to answer them with non-violent
action.

> What are you going to do, call them names?

This thoughtless question does not deserve an answer.

George

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Terror( now what happened to the LUG forum?))
Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Terror( now what happened to the LUG forum?))