Subject: RE: [Leica] Sinclair article (was For You George)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:46:44 -0400

> >> The US deserves the world's compassion for the terrible events
> of two days
> >> ago. Believe me, it does not need any sympathy for being
> hard-done by in
> >> other respects.
> >> --
> >> John Brownlow
> >
> > What do you mean, John?
>
> I mean the US is the most powerful economic, military and
> political force on
> the planet. WTC aside, Americans have no need to feel sorry for themselves
> about the way they are treated in the world.
> --
> John Brownlow

Who's feeling sorry for them selves?  How about angry.  In a LOT of
countries, it is very one sided.  In others, certainly not as much.  Just
because we are the most powerful...does NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT, give anyone the
right to commit terrorist acts on our soil or our citizens...kidnap our
citizens who are merely on vacation...and bomb busses of Americans.  We
certainly do NOT do that here to any tourists or visitors.

Just because someone leaves their car door unlocked, and their wallet in the
glove box...doesn't give permission to someone to steal it.  I didn't say it
was smart.