Subject: RE: [Leica] terror in America
From: "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:49:04 -0400

Thanks Pablo... we needed your empathy and understanding very much :) I am
going to be sitting here at work with a long meditation about what I can do
to help out the community... I'm actually thinking about taking tomorrow off
to go out and to see whether any of my acquaintances are going to be able
for me to get in touch with.

To be honest, Leica photographers ought to be indebted to a sense of
heritage of humanism. Look at the great Leica photographers who photographed
horrible pictures such as Robert Capa (one of my personal favorites) whose
famous shot of the dead Loyalist soldier in a tree while trying to string
phone lines is so horrific. I admire the traditional Leica photographers. At
least, they had a duty to humankind and protested against the evils of the
war/terrorist conditions without separating duty from their art.

Amen,
Alfie