Subject: RE: [Leica] pictures of September 11, 2001...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:46:52 -0400

> the events were
> triggered by successful use of a primitive weapon,  a knife...

I believe it was not necessarily the knife, but the threat of a bomb on the
plane(s) that was the main threat.  People have been conditioned to just sit
back and let the hijackers do what they want...no one has ever used a plane
as a weapon such as this in the past.  I believe the people on at least
three of the planes really believed that the planes were going to just land
at some airport...and typical hijacking negotiations would be done etc.
Only the fourth plane had any indication of what these thugs were up to, and
apparently, courageously overtook the terrorists and crashed the plane into
the ground.  Giving their lives for others.  Truly a heroic act, if that is
what truly happened.