Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome processing
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:53:14 -0700

Ken Wilcox wrote:

>>The first roll FINALLY came back from Fair lawn today (it took six weeks
to get them back) I wonder how long it will take the rest. I had them return
it uncut so they wouldn't get cardboard dust all over them.

> They are COVERED with dust! There are things stuck in the emulsion. I fear
that I will have to give up on Kodachrome! I'm very disappointed! Does
anyone know of a lab that will process Kodachrome in a timely and careful
manner?<<<<<

If you live close to a Costco, they will take Kodachrome and there is a 1
week turn around time.  I have never had them come back with dust.  I am not
sure where they are developed, but they come back in the standard yellow
Kodak box.  Price isn't too bad, either.

I refuse to give up my K64 until it is gone from the market.  I love the
grain, color, saturation and most of all the longevity of storage.  Maybe
with digital scanners that isn't as much of a consideration since you can
burn it on a CD.  Of course, as formats change, you have go be sure to
change formats or you might find yourself 20 years down the road with a CD
that no computer can read or a format that no software can understand.
Having an original is always a good idea.

Aram