Subject: Re: [Leica] Enough
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:20:15 +0200

From: Jeffery Smith
> I have been associated with forums and list serves for a decade. I have
> never heard people belittle one another as much as on some photography
> forums.

The reason is simple, Jeffery.  Photography is essentially an effeminate
activity and its discussion involves words like ... beautiful, and delicate,
and form and structure.  To most men these expressions make them uneasy
because it contradicts the macho image they have of themselves.

These immature men, who are not comfortable in their own skins, compensate
by being rude and aggressive on list.

This is why discussion of photography is peppered with ridiculous macho
expressions like I SHOT some landscapes.  It works for me (when expressing
opinion on a photo). etc.

Alan

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Enough)