Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R
From: "John B" <e.brackenbury@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 17:22:03 +0200

The test in the German mag was over the Leica MODULAR system 2.8/280mm.   The one where you can change the front group of elements and or the back group of elements to obtain different focal length/aperture combinations..  All tests I've seen over the NON MODULAR 2.8/280 indicate this is indeed an excellent lens, it's a pity this lens is no longer made.  The same can not be said for the Leica MODULAR system. "Adequate" to quote one magazine.

John B