Subject: [Leica] To renew an older question - Film eating beetles
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 11:33:49 -0400

The Drugstore Beetle, from my friend Dr Bug.

>To: clzeni@mindspring.com
>From: James.W.Smith@aphis.usda.gov
>Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:27:18 -0400
>

>http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/urban/stored/drugstore_beetle.htm
>
>This guy is about the only insect I know of that will attack film emulsion
>-- it can
>eat 47 known human poisons w/o harm.  I once had a colony that I
>maintained on rat poison!
>It especially likes belladonna and strychnine.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

The miles were good but the mileage is turnin' my hair grey
Met some people who knew me and called me friend
Ain't no sense in wantin' my life to live over
I'd find different ways to make those same mistakes again.
                                                 Tom T Hall

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: To renew an older question - Film eating beetles)