Subject: Re: [Leica] need some help on info of leica lens
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:51:41 -0600

The ROM version is optically identical to the non-ROM version. The ROM
contacts can only be used by the R8 (so far) and are in the same position as
the second metering cam for the SL and SL2 cameras. So, if you have a SL or
SL2, or, an R7 or under camera and no plans to get an R8; then get a non-ROM
lens if you can find it cheaper.

John Collier