Subject: [Leica] RE: back-up equipment
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:59:01 -0700

At 11:48 AM 9/4/01 -0400, Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF] wrote:
>I am not a professional phographer at all ( i wish i would be in future and
>work my way up ).  matter of fact, i am a newbie, amatuer one.  I love leica
>for its optical quality period.  about service for pro or non pro,  I don't
>care in general because i have no deadline to met and if so, i just buy a
>back up body.  if you are a pro without backup body, i think you should sell
>your title away.
>
>Olivier

All "pro's" have back-up equipment. But when their first body/lens is in
for repair and they are using their "backup" body/lens, they have "no"
backup. And I know some folks who have had more than one body or lens go
out on a single shoot.

Professional photographers absolutely need expedited service on repairs.
Leica has a loaner pool that a pro can use should he/she desperately need a
piece of equipment. Leica has overnighted a piece of pool equipment to me
more than once.

I have patronized the same photographic supplier for over twenty years.
When I have a piece of equipment go out, I am offered a loaner from the
supplier immediately. And I have taken them up on their offer a few times.

Jim