Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Pinhole shot
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:29:02 +0300

No-no-no!

Pinholes create a rather distinct - unsharp, but rather pleasingf effect.
Even on larger formats. And - exposures tend to be long. I didn't comment,
but someone on the list suggested using infra-red film with a pinhole.
Sounds intereseting, but then a filter (at least for bw infra-red) is
mandatory, and so exposure is bound to be even longer.
The point I'd like to make in this respect is: one doesn't need a Leica to
make pinhole shots! A shoe-box can produce just as nice pinhole pictures. Or
nicer.

Martin

>I thought pinhole photograhy was supposed to be sharper. I think something
is
>wrong here or perhaps I'm just used to larger format pinhole photography.
Quaker