Subject: [Leica] leica owners breakdown
From: Robert Monaghan <rmonagha@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 00:40:23 -0500 (CDT)

Has anybody seen a breakdown of leica owners and system ownership? I
would bet that the majority of leica owners are not as well heeled as
some might like to believe, and moreover, that the average owner has
only a modest kit of Leica gear (like 1 or 2 lenses?)  Has anybody seen
any published marketing data on Leica owners or average kit of lenses etc?

I've been doing a draft on lenses sold for 35mm SLRs (2.24 to 2.4 lenses/SLR)
and Hasselblad 500c/Chrome lenses (2.1 to 2.375 lenses/owner)
[mf/lenssold.html] - lots of cameras sold but only a handful of lenses each?