Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: My web site
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:01:13 +0100 (BST)

 --- Félix_López_de_Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
wrote, in part: >
This
> picture is slightly underexposed and rather grainy.
> The wish of exploring
> the limits of the Noctilux and the necessity of
> getting the candles in red,
> drove me to choose a colour 1600 ASA film which of
> course restricted
> strongly the contrast. Same picture in slower film
> and with the camera
> fitted on a tripod will have produced a better
> result

Even that is not certain. Yes, you would eliminate
camera shake with the tripod and reduce grain with the
slower film, but the long exposure time needed would
increase the unsharpness due to subject movement. And
obviously using flash would defeat the whole purpose
of this shot. I think it is fine as it is.

Nathan