Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:03:42 -0400

At 05:05 AM 9/2/2001, you wrote:
>Lee writes:
>
> > I am also certain that my initial sense of the
> > peoples in this airport was gravely in error.
> > How HELPFUL they were!
>
>They thought the bag had a bomb in it, so that is not surprising.  If they had
>thought it had Leicas in it, the story might have been different.

One morning I arrived at Paris Orly only to find the check-in area for
American Airlines to be cordoned off.  Turns out there was a stray bag left
there.  Security flitted around it, then put some sort of heavy shield over
it and detonated it.  When no major catastrophe ensued, the cordon was
lifted and what appeared to be janitorial staff came in and swept up the
remains of what I presumed was somebody's underwear and toothpaste...

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

This sig. line sanitized for your protection.